5 tips from Frank Blake on Turning Around in a Downturn from the WSJ on June 5th, 2008.
- Don't be afraid to invest in the business during a downturn. You'll be in a position of strength when the economy recovers
- Create a way for the rank and file to constructively review the job headquarters is doing.
- Reward workers with incentives and recognition on a consistent basis.
- Learn from the leaders who came before you, but don't get stuck in the past.
- Don't b e afraid to create new business strategies, even if they are not always pretty.
A couple of other good quotes.
- What do you call connecting with your customers ? 'Making love to the customer'
- When your memories exceed your dreams, the end is near.