In Ben Casnocha blog he had a post about Tim Ferriss. Tim gave a presentation that a lot of people are talking about at SxSW. He is also writing a book called The 4-Hour Workweek: Secrets of Doing More with Less in a Digital World. There are a couple of good summaries that are linked in Tim's Blog in this post.
I am looking forward to the book. I wish I could have heard the presentation but one main take away from the notes that I read was that you need to determine the activities that produce the best results for you. Basically the 80 / 20 principal which states that 80 % of your result comes from 20 % of your actions.
In life and business you need to truly understand this so that you focus on the activities that will produce the results that you want.
A few fringe thoughts from the notes:
- What are the 20 % of your actions that will produce 80 % of your results?
- What clients make up the top 20 % of your customers?
- What are the characteristics of the clients that generate 80 % of your business?
- How can you duplicate those clients?
- Focus your time on the 20 % of the activities that generate the 80 % of your results.