The Jimmy V speech that ESPN runs every year during the Coach's for Cancer tournament is awesome and inspiring. Key take aways from the speech are:
- Time is precious
- 3 things that you should do everyday to have a full life:
- Emotions moved to tears
- In life you need to know where you were, where you are, and where you are going to be
- How do you go from where you are to where you want to be?
- Have an enthusiasm for life - Nothing great is ever accomplished without enthusiasm - RWE
- Have a dream and goal
- Work hard to achieve that goal
- Family is the most important thing in life
- Enjoy your life the precious moments that you have
- Keep your dreams alive despite your problems whatever you have
- Work hard for your dreams to come true
- Cancer can take all of my physical abilities - It can not touch my mind, heart, and soul. These things will live on forever
- Give hope to others.
Every time I hear this speech it inspires me. I have it on DVR and watch it from time to time every time I need a shot in the arm to get me going.